Ms Updates

Old 08-24-06, 11:59 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ms Updates

Good afternoon. I have aquired a machine with Windows XP Home Edition. It appears the there have been no Microsoft updates made at all. I ran Windows update and there are around 65 updates that need to be made. My question is: shall I begin the updates starting with the earliest and accend to the latest or latest and decend to the earliest, or can I pick the ones with the shortest time and run those first. I will be able to run just a few each day because I am on dial up and it will take forever to complete these updates. As always, thank you in advance for any information that will help.

Old 08-24-06, 12:43 PM
R
Start by obtaining the service pack 2 update CD from Microsoft. At one point it was free with no shipping. They may now want a small shipping charge. You may also be able to obtain a copy of this CD from a computer shop or a friend. You are allowed to copy the CD without penalty or restrictions.

After you install the service pack and have that running then concern your self with the other updates, the ones since service pack 2.

Old 08-24-06, 01:23 PM
M
racraft: I quess I failed to mention that the OS is Win XP Home SP2, just no currant updates

Old 08-24-06, 01:52 PM
N
most of the updates 65 are probaly security updates and new version of cd players for windows.Microsoft will interogate your PC and recomens certains updates go for that only. you can get as sugested before service pack 2 right from their download. do it at night you can get it all.nice to have a CD but not necessary just download pack 2 then let M/S do the rest.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: