Can't print PDF files

Old 08-31-06, 06:08 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can't print PDF files

I have two computers and neither one of them will print pdf documents. Is there a reason for this and what can be done to correct this. I have a laptop...Dell inspiron E1505 (wireless connection) and also a desktop Dell dimension 4600. I use Windows XP and use Opera for a browser on both computers. Would you explain in detail.

Old 08-31-06, 06:50 AM
R
Can you print anything? What program are you using to open and print the PDF files?

Old 09-01-06, 02:33 AM
N
xxx.pdf are files generated by adobe acrobat reader. you can get the reader for nothing well almost nothing you must download the program for free and it is big. the latest version is above 7.0 If you cannot print them it is because your printer are not setup correctly. START >PRINTER &FAXES AND CHOOSE YOUR ON LINE PRINTER. Word or print DOS command will not work.

Old 09-01-06, 07:58 AM
I
I have seen issues when trying to print large pdf files with complicated graphics or pictures. When you print a file the computer has to convert it to a format the printer understands, postscript and pcl are two type of formats, depending on the printer and driver you are using. With certain documents this conversion can create a much larger file then the original. If your printer does not have enough memory the print job could fail. It would be helpful to know what error messages you are receiving when you try to print a pdf. When you print does the small printer icon appear in the system tray? (near the clock). Does it show any errors in the printer status?

One thing to try is open the pdf in acrobat, goto file, print, advanced settings and check the box labeled "print to image." If this doesn't work goto file, print, properties (of the printer) and lower the quality from best to 300dpi.

-Mike
"I don't know where she is, I never leave this place. Your people asked our families to leave. So we hid in the mines, and you brought out your bombs and turned everything to ashes! You destroyed our homes and made us what we've become. Boom! Boom! Boom!"

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: