computer administrator

Old 09-06-06, 02:49 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
computer administrator

Somehow I got some things changed on my computer and when I go into User Accounts it says I have a limited account and cannot changed anything. It says I need to be the Administrator which I am on another computer.

I'm running WinXP.

It also will not let me install a new program that I just downloaded.

When I go into User Accounts there are no other options for me to click on.

Thanks for your help

Harlan

Old 09-06-06, 03:49 PM
try starting it in safe mode ,( tap f8 while rebooting )and see if you can get to the admin user that way .

Old 09-06-06, 05:20 PM
H
I tried logging in Safe Mode. That didn't help. I just remembered that my windows settings appeared to be different right after I loaded Norton Ghost. So I tried to uninstall that but I can't do that either. Any other ideas?

Harlan

Old 09-06-06, 06:54 PM
R
Figure out the administrator password. If you can't, reformat and reinstall windows.

Old 09-07-06, 01:33 PM
A
When you turn the computer on, do you have to choose a profile to login into or does it automatically go straight to your desktop?

If you have to click on a profile, instead of clicking on one try hitting ctrl+alt+del several times real qiuck. It should pop up with a box for you to enter a username and password to login in to. For username put in - administrator -, and leave the password blank and hit login. See if it will let you login.

You can also try going to "User Accounts" and creating a new account with administrator rights and logging in under that account and changing the admin rights of your account.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: