Where to find type of memory on PC?

Old 09-07-06, 08:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where to find type of memory on PC?

I have some spare memory, and I'm trying to figure out if it will work on my sister's PC. She has no idea what type of memory she has and all she knows is that it is a Compaq Presario 7000. I tried to look it up on crucial.com, but there are like 30 model numbers for Presario 7000. I had her go to Control Panel>System, but it doesn't give the model number there. Isn't there somewhere in the Control Panel where I can have her view her memory configuration. Looking at my Device Manager, I don't see anything there, but it seems I remember seeing it somewhere.

Most of the 7000's seemed to take 168 pin DIMM, SDRAM PC133, which is what I have from my old PC, but she's saying there are 4 sticks in there. She pulled one out and couldn't read anything off it to help me much. She said it said 64 mb, but that doesn't make sense because the PC only has a total of 128 mb RAM and she says there are 4 sticks. This Presario 7000 originally came with Pentium 4 and Windows ME, if that gives you an idea of how old it was. It must have been when P4 first came out.

Thanks,

Tim

Old 09-08-06, 03:28 PM
B
Have your sis download this: www.majorgeeks.com/download4181
It'll give you all kinds of info about the pc. Heck, d/l it for your own.

I can't get a link to work. Anyway, go to majorgeeks and find the free Everest download.

Old 09-08-06, 04:52 PM
T
Thanks, but that told me how much RAM I had, but it didn't tell me what type, unless I didn't look in the right place.

Old 09-08-06, 07:08 PM
tae
download sisoft sandra lite. once installed(just use the default) look under tools, hardware,then mainboard. It will tell you everything you want to know about your ram.

Old 09-08-06, 09:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
why not look at the main board book that came with the system?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: