Cordless Phones and Home Networks

Old 10-10-06, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Cordless Phones and Home Networks

Hi,

I have a wireless home network and currently have 900MHz cordless phones and I am in need of a new phone and was wondering if I get a 2.4 GHz phone, is that going to cause problems with my network. If so, I guess I'll stick with another 900MHz phone.

Thanks,

sweetboy

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-06, 03:02 PM
It may. I suggest either a 900 MHz or a 5.8 GHz model.

Old 10-10-06, 03:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There is a "slight" possiblilty of "some" interference if you have the phone and router using the same ghZ. Though, there are thousands of different frequencies in that same 2.4 ghz range. I don't see it being a big issue. I guess it could be just a trial and error type of thing. I've had phones that have the same 2.4 ghz range but had no interference. Just because the phone/router says 2.4, etc, that doesn't mean it's just 2.4. The router could be 2.467, or 2.345, etc.

So, saying this, you shouldn't really have an issue.

Old 10-11-06, 01:41 AM
I doubt you'll see any interference on your network, but you more than likely will experience interference on your wireless phones. It will be in the form of pops and crackles during a phone conversation. At least that's what happened to me. I couldn't stand it, so I went out and bought a 5.8HZ phone system...cured that problem, but it created a new one in my wallet.

Old 10-16-06, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by sweetboy
Hi,

I have a wireless home network and currently have 900MHz cordless phones and I am in need of a new phone and was wondering if I get a 2.4 GHz phone, is that going to cause problems with my network. If so, I guess I'll stick with another 900MHz phone.

Thanks,

sweetboy

I have a 2.4 phone, and a D-Link "G" wireless router. I've never had an issue.

Old 10-18-06, 01:08 AM
Save yourself the trouble and buy a 5.8 ghz phone. I currently have both the 2.4 and the 5.8 in my house. I won't use the 2.4 phone anymore. My wife still uses the 2.4 phone...she says she doesn't mind the interference, but I can't stand it. The pops and crackles are extremely annoying to me.