msie 7

Old 10-19-06, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
msie 7

I followed the prompts to a T.
All reports including connectivity were fine.
When I double click the explorer it defaults to Microsoft and says page cannot be displayed. I have tried reapplying Comcast.net as my homepage but it is over ridden when I open the browser.
Why can I not get on line when I open the browser? I have to click the home page icon.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-06, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you may have lost your IP address

do you have home network. restarting the computer sould fix the problem. if not need to know more about your internet access setup
Originally Posted by peterr
I followed the prompts to a T.
All reports including connectivity were fine.
When I double click the explorer it defaults to Microsoft and says page cannot be displayed. I have tried reapplying Comcast.net as my homepage but it is over ridden when I open the browser.
Why can I not get on line when I open the browser? I have to click the home page icon.

Old 10-19-06, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
msie 7

Since I posted here I went to the msie7 newsgroup and the problem I explained is the talk of the town. Everybody is hollering - supposedly a server is down. I tried it and don't like it for too many reasons to list, however, when it comes out as an automatic down load next week msie 6 will probably not be supported.
One work around is to - start>run> gpedit.msc and go from there but when I type that entry in my run box it says the operation cannot be performed.
Anyway, I uninstalled msie 7 and all is well for now.