frontpage 2003

Old 10-28-06, 09:39 PM
wwc
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
frontpage 2003

This is probably a easy question for someone familiar with frontpage but hard for me to understand in typed words but i'm trying.
I am trying to put together a personal web site and i have three pics on the main home page and i want to put text centered above each pic but in order for the final text to come out right i have to offset everything to the right way off center and it's a hit and miss procedure this way.
I have things so messed up now that i have the first two correct but i can't offset the text for the far right pic because I can't make the curser come up that far to the right, is this a wrap around problem ? If so i'm not sure how to cure that.
I had things right once so i know it can be done but something is invisible and blocking me.
Does that make sense , i'm trying to describe it as best i can.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-06, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure I quite understand you, but are you putting your photographs in tables? Two ways I place photographs on my site to get them exactly where I want them is either put them in tables, or use css.

Old 10-29-06, 08:44 AM
wwc
I knew i wouldn't be able to describe my problem on the first shot. sorry.
I'm not using tables or anything, i used a blank screen and just copied and pasted the pics where i want them and did the same with text above the pics.
I'm new to web design so i didn't know if there was a better way to do it and thats what i came up with.

Old 10-29-06, 09:06 AM
Well, the easiest way I've found to get my pictures exactly where I want them is to use tables. (CSS is a little more advanced as you have to write code). The very first thing I do when starting a new page is to start inside of a table, then I'll add tables to have the cells line up with where I want the pictures, then put the pictures in individual cells. You can format the cells for fine tuning inside the cells.
Go here - http://www.weaselwearphotography.com/portrait_page.html
this is how I've done it, each photograph is in its own individual cell within the table.

Old 10-30-06, 07:02 PM
wwc
Hmmm, I think i know what your saying.
I'm very new at this so in a couple days I will sit down and find tables and such.
Will I have to erase my complete home page or can i just clear the portion with the pics and text for the pics and then add tables to it.

Old 10-31-06, 03:41 AM
tables...

I would start fresh, and the first thing I'd do is put a table in with the dimension that you want your page, and start putting tables within that table. You might want to google "frontpage tables", and find an online tutorial on how to place tables on webpages.

Old 10-31-06, 07:44 AM
I just wanted to add that you can hide the borders of the tables, so the table is invisible. Using a table is often the easiest way to get things to line up the way you want them.