Laser Jet Print Problem - black marks on print

Old 10-30-06, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laser Jet Print Problem - black marks on print

Iím having trouble with toner marks when printing with my laser jet (HP model 3330).

First, I was having trouble with uneven print. So, I removed the toner cartridge and tapped it a few times to try to level the toner in the cartridge. This had worked before.

But, now I get black marks when I print. I tried cleaning the printer according to HPís instructions, but it did not help.

Is the toner cartridge salvageable?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-06, 08:50 AM
it probably has bad roller?

is the uneven print always in the same location. does it continue after replacing toner. (expensive to find out)

Originally Posted by tbird94
Iím having trouble with toner marks when printing with my laser jet (HP model 3330).

First, I was having trouble with uneven print. So, I removed the toner cartridge and tapped it a few times to try to level the toner in the cartridge. This had worked before.

But, now I get black marks when I print. I tried cleaning the printer according to HPís instructions, but it did not help.

Is the toner cartridge salvageable?

Thanks for any help!

Old 10-30-06, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by anojgoel
is the uneven print always in the same location. does it continue after replacing toner. (expensive to find out)
The uneven print was on one side, pretty much in the same place - streaks on one side that seemed like a low toner problem.

After I tapped the toner cartridge (to level out the toner) the print evened out, but the marking problem started.

I would just buy a toner cartridge, if they were not so expensive.

Old 10-30-06, 06:43 PM
Streaks

In most cases that type of print problem is due to a bad scraper on the toner drum. This can not be repaired and means the toner cartridge is bad. If you remove the toner cartridge there is usually a sliding cover that covers the toner drum. If you slide that cover and look at the drum, if you see a line of toner buildup on the drum then its most likely the scraper.

It can be caused by a defect on the high heat fuser roller as well.

The only sure fire way is to try another toner cartridge. Maybe you know someone who would loan you theirs or test yours.

I have purchased toner carts for my Laserjet 5 on Ebay for very low price. If you go the Ebay route verify with the seller the date on the cart to make sure it is not way out of date. I bought a $14.00 rebuilt on Ebay three years ago and its still running fine.