When printing - pages come out blank

Old 10-31-06, 01:37 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When printing - pages come out blank

Does anyone know why this would be?

I have a cheap printer (hp deskjet 3320) that has 2 separate ink cartridges - one for black, one for colour. When I try to print something black, the print is faint, with a bit of a red/yellow shadow above some of the letters. Also, it seems like it is not using the black ink cartridge at all.

When I take out the colour cartridge and try to print something, I get a totally blank page.

I took both cartridges into an ink shop, and they checked them over, topped them up, cleaned them, etc. The cartridges work great in their printer.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Since the cartridges work for them, it must be a problem with my printer... Is there a setting somewhere that could have somehow been changed that needs to be corrected? or?

Thanks for any advice.

Old 10-31-06, 02:16 PM
T
Hewlett Packard provides troubleshooting tips at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpd09143&lc=en&cc=us&dest_page=solveCategory&tool=solveCategory&query=hp%20deskjet%203320&dlc=en&product=75035

Old 10-31-06, 02:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You might have to re-install the printer drivers..

Old 10-31-06, 05:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Probably not a driver issue or else you would be getting errors from the get go. It sounds like the carriage the ink cartridges ride on are not aligned properly, making it so the ink dispensor does not fully touch the paper. It could be that, or a bad printer all together.

Old 10-31-06, 06:49 PM
A
sounds like clogged printhead

is there an option to clean printhead in the HP provided software?

Edited by racraft [No need to quote entire message with reply.]

Old 10-31-06, 09:18 PM
M
Thanks for the replies!

I found the HP troubleshooting, and the only thing I didn't try and do was reinstall drivers, which I'm reluctant to do because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers.

I did the calibrating, and the normal test print page, which was fine. I also did the windows xp printer test page which printed, but certainly not as clearly as I would have hoped. Then I eventually found the 'clean inkhead cartridges' and it seems to have really helped.

Thank you. Much appreciated!

Old 11-01-06, 03:32 AM
M
Blank Pages

I am not familiar with that exact printer but most printers in the print properties settings has the option to print in color or black.

If you are printing in color the color cartridge is used and colors mixed to create black. If you go into settings and tell it to print black and not color it will use the black cartridge.

So go into printer settings and see if you have the black option and see what happens. Most likely your color cartridge is empty or clogged. In the print settings will be an option to clean heads and you might try that if you have not already done so.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: