power supply

Old 11-07-06, 10:56 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
power supply

Our kids Disney computer won't turn on - happened suddenly. I'm not good at this but friends say it must be the power supply. Howver, I cannot locate the power supply for purchase. It is a FSP250-50LPU.

I find it, but out of stock at CWC and discount pc

Any ideas on surce? Can I substitute something else?

thanks
Dale

Old 11-07-06, 11:21 AM
R
Replacing a power supply is NOT a job for someone unfamiliar with the insides of a computer. You don;t even know if the power supply is bad. Your problem could be any number of things.

What happens when you turn the switch on? Does anything happen? Do any lights come on? Do any sounds get generated at all?

Have you verified power into the power suppli? Have you verified that the power supply switch is on (not the computer switch, but the power supply switch)? Have you checked the fuse?

If your power supply is bad, any good computer can get you a replacement by simply looking at the power supply.
Of course if this is an inexpensive computer, the better solution would be to replace it.

Old 11-07-06, 12:55 PM
If it is the power supply, which it very well may not be... you might have trouble finding a substitute. It appears that your power supply is an odd shape. What model computer do you have? Like racraft said, first you need to determine if it is indeed the power supply and then you need to determine if you have the knowledge to replace it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: