cannot open folders

Old 11-12-06, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cannot open folders

whenever i click on a folder to open it,everything dissapears accept my background picture for about 10 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.its very strange and i need to open this folder.i tried to click on the start button and then on search to try and see if i can access it from there but when i clicked on search the same thing happened.

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-06, 05:11 PM
Have you tried rebooting?

Old 11-12-06, 05:14 PM
yes

still does it

Old 11-12-06, 07:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have anti virus installed?

Old 11-12-06, 08:34 PM
tae
what operating system?
Any folder,or is it a special folder?
have you tried booting to safe mode and accessing it from there?
what's in the folder?

Old 11-13-06, 06:23 AM
windows xp
i believe its any folder and happens even when i try to do a search on the computer or when i open ad-aware and click on upgrade now.probably some other things too.
the thing is,sometimes i can do everything normal and other times i cant.when i cant i restart the computer and try again but that doesnt seem to help.

Old 11-13-06, 07:17 AM
I think you must have a virus. If you have anti-virus software, have you run it? If so, what kind do you have (you might need some other kind)? If you're not running any anti-virus software I'd suggest you search the internet to find some that will let you try it out for free for like 30 days. Then if it works, you'll probably want to buy it.

Another thing I've done before when I have a mysterious problem like this is to look at the Processes (i.e., programs) running in Windows Task Manager. You press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to Task Manager in Windows XP. I've actually gone thru the list of 30+ Processes running on my PC and did an internet search on each until I found a suspicious program, then killed it from Task Manager to see if that solved the problem. Of course, if you do this, and you delete a process, it'll probably come back the next time you boot up. Anyway, if you do all this and need help figuring out how to permanently get rid of a program, we can help you.