Timing Out

Old 11-24-06, 05:49 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Timing Out

Hello,
When replying to messages and giving a long reply, my reply does not get sent. If the reply is short, it gets sent. I have been getting a window popping up stating that I am not logged in, when the window I am on indicates that I am. Where do I look to solve this?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-06, 07:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are you using dial up or cable? Also, what email program you using, Outlook? If so, what Outlook version.

Old 11-24-06, 07:32 AM
R
I am using Verizon dsl, (I guess its called dialup). I am using Verizon Yahoo for my email program but I believe that I did not make myself clear. It's the forum messages I was referring to and not email replys.

Old 11-24-06, 10:43 AM
H
I've had this happen myself on some forums. If I know I'm going to be typing a long question (I type slowly), I'll use a wordpad or similar word processor to type out my question, then "cut and paste" into the window when I'm ready to post.

Old 11-24-06, 11:17 AM
R
I tried using word pad once and had a problem understanding how to use it. I seemed to have a problem with each line when I tried to make a printed copy. I heard of the term "word wrap" and maybe that had something to do with it. I'll check the software again for instructions on how to use it. If I recall correctly, I tried to copy and paste and the result was terrible.

Old 11-24-06, 11:23 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
The software for this site is in the process of being upgraded and there are some hiccups along the way. If this doesn't resolve for you in a few more days, send a PM to Sharp Advice stating your problem and it will get the attention it deserves.

Old 11-24-06, 11:30 AM
R
This is a test of using word pad:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog back. the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs
back.

Ok, I think I know what I am doing wrong. I am going to give it another try without using the ENTER KEY to return the type to the left of page.

Old 11-24-06, 11:36 AM
R
This is the second test:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs back. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs back. the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs back. the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs back.

If you guys are reading this, it was not hard to figure it out. So In a few minutes, I'll edit both messages to avoid clutter that means nothing to my original request.

Old 11-24-06, 11:48 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Why don't you leave things like they are, this thread could be useful to someone else down the road.

Old 11-24-06, 11:51 AM
R
Well, I just will have to do that. I thought I could edit all of the text but could not do so.