Music Creation software and applications.

Old 12-01-06, 10:19 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Music Creation software and applications.

I have about a two year old computer, (media center PC E-machine T6524 with 200+80 gig hard drives and 1024 MB ddr SDRAM, and a video card (don’t know type off hand) that allows me to connect the computer up to our TV to watch the videos on screen)

I am trying to create music, more so Techno and Dance but other types as well using synthetic machines and software. So far I have had no luck in create the sounds I need. I have been using the following software’s:

Cool Edit Pro 2
Hammer Head Drum Machine
Rebirth
Dance Ejay 6

The cool edit is basically an advanced mixer where I can compile my sounds, rebirth is a synthesizer (that I cannot figure out how to work right) and Dance Ejay has a problem with shutting down at random times (known issue with the software). Can anyone recommend some software I can use to create, and modify sounds at home on my computer. Preferably relatively cheap (less than 100 preferably) as this is a hobby, but also user friendly. I have seen some software’s around the price range, but the demo versions are just like Cool Edit Pro, doesn’t create, only allows for mixing of already existing sounds. I need to software in order to create the Techno/Dance sounds. Thanks for your help in advance

~Christopher

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-06, 12:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How about Magix Music maker..
The site isn't in English, but it looks like a neat program..
http://support.magix.net/magix_relaunch/php/page.php

Old 12-01-06, 12:45 PM
E
Originally Posted by RoseKindred View Post
Can anyone recommend some software I can use to create, and modify sounds at home on my computer. Preferably relatively cheap ...
Although a little more than your $100 budget, I think the program you are looking for Fruity Loops (about $300). I just bought the latest version and it does exactly what you describe. Once you get the basics down (easy since there are quite a few user web sites out there), you can use the supplied virtual instruments & samples in sequences and be creating music in no time.

Google 'Fruity Loops' and you'll see what I mean.

Old 12-01-06, 01:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
FL is listed at Tucows for $99.. Is there a basic vs. pro version?
http://www.tucows.com/preview/209204

Old 12-03-06, 04:46 AM
R
(sorry for long wait on replys, weird working hours)

" you can use the supplied virtual instruments & samples in sequences and be creating music in no time. "

This is sort of how the Ejay Dance 6 is. It gives me 5 instraments also (1 drum machine, one bass, and three other so so's), as well as 4000 synthetic sounds like drums, keys, spheres, etc. I have checked out Fruity loops before, but I was unable to test the instraments in the demo, so if anyone knows which are there can you please type them down.