need help on this one..

Old 12-12-06, 12:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need help on this one..

friends have AOL (hate it personally), everytime they try to close it down, it auto opens about 19 pages of IE at a site www.69sexsearch.com... how the heck do I find this batch file and delete it? I got rid of a couple trojans they had, but can't find anywhere to delete this dang thing.. when you close the IE pages, it opens 10 more.. have to reboot to stop it.. pain in the gazoo.. thanks..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-06, 01:06 PM
Get Spybot and Spywareblaster.. Install and run them.. Enable Teatimer when the option comes up during installation..

Old 12-12-06, 01:56 PM
R
Software of this sort is hard to get rid of.

Try using google to see if you can find a way to remove it. You may or may not find something.

You can then always try as many different spyware programs as you can find or afford to buy and see if they help.

If all else fails you can always reformat the hard drive and start over.

I hope your friends have learned their lesson.

Old 12-13-06, 06:02 AM
Hi:
Sound like Virus got into the computer.

In the past, someone messed up one of my computers by looking up the web-site which you referring. .... www.69sexsearch.com.

Also, once visiting its related sites, not only one but more, many illicit e-mails flooded, for that I needed to close my e-mail address as explaining about the situation to my IP(then, dial-up).

I can not offer any good solution on this, except a good precautious measures necessary to opening up those sites. In my case, the infected computer was literally 'trashed out,' although it was still functionable.

Aside from this, you could try to ask a Geek/computer expert visiting BestBuy or Circuit City. Some are nice enough to help you out with minimum charge, that I did when I needed upgrade. But, some stores do not allow them to work on personal basis.

This is through my personal experience.

Old 12-13-06, 06:11 AM
B
If on xp

Just do a windows restore to before problem started happening... much easier than a whole format.. then just replace any programs installed after that date.. that's Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Old 12-13-06, 07:13 AM
I just forgot to add, ....

In my case that happened years ago, then it might be a bit different from this date when there have more sophisticated Viruses and Spy activities going on inside the computer. However, I used 'Norton' that took care of most of the problems. If you could access this, then try anything available you could think of, although it might be quite time-consuming job to do.

I didn't reformat or anything like that, ... but the computer was functionable enough to look at any pages I wanted. Only one issue was, ... in my recollection, ... there was still 'missing file or folder' that made my life difficult. Then, I just got rid of it.

Old 12-13-06, 08:23 AM
thanks to all answers.. will give them each a serious try.. yep, they have decided on a new computer for themselves, clean this one up and let the boys use it with certain restrictions!.. and if they blow it, they have to furnish their own from that point.. thanks again... wayne