Unable to install Outlook

Old 12-31-06, 03:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Unable to install Outlook

OK, guys, I am having a very difficult time installing Outlook on my wife's computer Dell Inspiron 8130, running XP Home and IE7. I have successfully installed Office 2000 and all the other components (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) work just fine. Just not Outlook. The only error code I got was RTFHTML.dll driver was missing, so I googled it and downloaded it. Still nothing. Now OMI9.dll is missing. Microsoft has sunsetted their support. Any idea why it wont cooperate? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-06, 04:20 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
from microsoft:
This behavior may occur if you have a trial version of Microsoft Office XP installed on your computer, and you install Microsoft Office 2000 without first removing the trial version of Office XP.

NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
2. In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select the Office 2000 entry if it exists (for example, click Microsoft Office 2000 Professional), and then click Remove.
3. Click Yes to confirm the uninstall.
4. In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, select the Office XP trial entry (for example, click Microsoft Office XP Professional), and then click Remove.
5. Click Yes to confirm the removal.
6. After you remove the trial version Office XP, insert your non-trial version Office CD-ROM, and then run Setup to install your version of Office.

Old 12-31-06, 04:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Tae, thanks for the response. It was preloaded with Office 2003 Icons, but you had to purchase it for it to activate, so I took i off prior to loading Office 2000. Now, more info...this was after a crash and reboot of C drive. I am to a point, now, where if I click on the Outlook icon, the cover window shows up, but after about a minute of trying to load an error window comes up, showing ntdll.dll. Not sure why a NT error message,but its there. It shuts down after that.

I have a copy of Office 2003 that I can load the Outlook portion from, but I get an error message that the virtual memory minimum is low, and I need to close window programs for it to work. There is nothing else open. So I deleted it and installed the 2000 again.