go back not working

Old 12-31-06, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Red face go back not working

my go back is not working on my norton virus set up........ is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I have tried to find a way to contact them but having gone through everything I have on Norton I am unable to do so....... The go back will only allow me to go back a few hours......... when I try to go back further, it simply says that times past the hours that they offer are not available........ Thanks for looking

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-07, 09:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What version Norton is this please?

You also probably have to increase the allowable space that Norton can use to back up info.

Are u running WinXP? If so, it already has a go back feature.

Old 01-01-07, 12:56 PM
????????????????????

I do not know what you mean by what norton I am running so I searched for the disk that surly was down loaded from for infor but could not find it I open the norton to see if I could find specific numbers or codes to indicate the type of Norton but to no avail.

This is the only think I found: Norton Anti-Virus Security 2006

I do have windows XP but am unaware of its go back feature since I have used Nortons exclusively.

My trouble extends from my computer being very slugish as it was always quck before.

I have DSL and the time it took me to open this section up from my e-Mail notification was so long I quit and went to favorites to DIF to cut the time it took.

Thanks for your help I will be waiting for your reply

Old 01-01-07, 01:25 PM
Every now and then these forums get a bit sluggish on my cable connect too.. It may not be your computer.. The Internet isn't always fast.. It does get bogged down at times..

Old 01-01-07, 02:09 PM
mowpar,

If you use proper punctuation and capitalization, not only will you come across as more intelligent, your posts will be easier to read. Moreover, there are some people who do not answer posts from people who don't take the time to use proper grammar.

Old 01-01-07, 02:37 PM
Windows "go back" is called "System Restore".

Hit the start button, then all programs, accessories, system tools, and then system restore.

Old 01-01-07, 02:56 PM
Go back

I can undersdtand that things may get bogged down from time to time, but I have never experienced this amount of slowness before.
Though I did happen to mention the slowness in my last post, I did not mean for that to overtake my origianal problem, of not being able to use the Go Back on my Norton Anti-virus Application.

Having been notified that my XP has its own go back system, I have, since then, tried to use this function, but have not been successful.

When trying either Go Back system, be it Norton or XP....I am simply lead to the point of their saying, that what I want to do, just is not going to happen.

I know it is much easier to read a statement that is not just a run on sentence such as this one is but I have hated English ever since I can remember. I will though change as I too, know what it is like, not knowing where one thought ends, and another begins.

Old 01-01-07, 06:01 PM
In order to use the restore feature in Norton or XP, you must first create a restore point to go back to..

Old 01-01-07, 06:26 PM
restore point

I do not know how this is done, I am upset that this is not explained in the page offering me to re set my computer

Old 01-01-07, 08:37 PM
Also, you should not be using system restore, or go back frequently. This is a feature that is handy if something really bad has happened.

A lot of these restores would probably bog your system down pretty good.

To bring your computer back up to speed, a good reformat and a fresh OS install would be needed. Though, this should not really be done by someone who does not know to much about software.

Have you tried a hard drive defrag? If not, do it.

And do not download freeware junk from websites. These programs will bog your machine down to the Apple IIE ages.