need some help getting programs from the 'limited user' account

Old 01-20-07, 12:28 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need some help getting programs from the 'limited user' account

to run. I"ve been surfing from the "limited user"account instead of the administrators account. I've got one website that uses flash for their PU's. &^%$$##%^&& I have "flash switch" installed from an administrators account so I can turn flash on/off from my toolbar, and it works and works well. I've dragged and dropped the flash switch folder to the sharred documents folder, and it still works in the administrators account but doesn't work in the users account. the error message says the flash switch BHO is not correctly installed when I try to open the program from the user account. is there any way to share the flash switch BHO? and what is the correct way to share program files with the user account? or should I just temporarily make the limited users account an administrator account, then install flash switch from the user/administrator account (which will be the only account I use to surf that should encounter these *&^%ing flash PUs), the return the user/administrator account back to a limited user account?

Last edited by jrx10; 01-20-07 at 12:34 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-05-07, 12:35 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The easiest way is to just make the user account an administrator account and reinstall. If you're using Windows XP pro, you may just have to give folder permissions for the program to the use account. Just right click the folder, go to properties and check the security tab.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: