spammers hijacking links!!!!!

Old 01-25-07, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
spammers hijacking links!!!!!

All of a sudden sites that I have previously visited are being hijacked and rerouted me to spammer links. Extremely aggravating!!! Is there something in my settings that can prevent this, or are they just getting better at it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-07, 10:21 PM
I think they are getting better at it. Hijacking links must be a new thing. The first time it happened to me was this evening. I click a link to check out some Arts & Crafts style kitchen cabinetry. I clicked the link and started reading and out of the blue the site was gone and another appeared that had a bunch of advertising links that had nothing to do with cabinetry.

Too, websites and/or servers that are not properly secured are likely more vulnerable. What these hijackers do not realize is that the average person is not interested in reading or clicking anything they pop up.

Old 01-26-07, 05:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The best way to stop it is e-mailing the advertizer, telling them that you don't approve of the way their products are being advertized.. If they are a reputable company, they'll pull their ads and find someone else to advertize for them..