Hp/compaq Presario 3000 Problems

Old 01-27-07, 10:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Hp/compaq Presario 3000 Problems

I have a Compaq Presario 3000 model pf135au... it lasted 2 weeks, bought from Fry's, they wouldn't warrant or do anything... said I had to go to HP/Compaq.. that was futile, they wouldn't even talk to me about it.. I argued with those morons for over a year and finally took it to a shop where they said it was the motherboard.. compaq offered so generously (after I wrote the CEO of HP) to replace it for a meer $700.. I declined of course... since then another tech looked at it and said the BIOS chip was faulty from the start, but they still won't replace, so I'm looking for another BIOS chip ... mine started fine, then about 2 weeks into it, it suddenly gets the blue screen and starts memory dumping real fast, then shuts down.. would start and do it again, after a few times, it won't do anything now at all.. just a dead plastic box.. I for one will NEVER buy HP products, nor COMPAQ products again.. and I would jump in on any class action suit against these people.. YES , there are far too many people having problems with these laptops, its not us, its a manufacturer problem that THEY won't fess up to..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-07, 06:49 PM
If you want a house built, you don't ask IKEA to do it. IKEA carpet, sure. IKEA roof? IKEA sewer? Too cute! You ask a local contractor to do it, someone who'll find the best selection of parts that make the whole, someone you can look in the eye and see accountability.

I do think "it's us" in the case of laptops. We're asking too much. We want all the power of a desktop, puzzled into the smallest space, at the lowest price. That's beyond local builders. So accountability takes a hit right there. Then a corporation steps in and offers just what people will buy.

HP's in the business of offering just that, what we will buy, no more and no less. It's not a person capable of shame.

Old 01-28-07, 09:01 PM
Kabushi or what ever you call yourself... what the hell are you talking about?

Old 01-28-07, 09:43 PM
Why didn't you dispute this with your credit card company when the problem occurred?

Old 01-28-07, 11:45 PM
Frrwah, I'm basically agreeing with you. But, HP is not "people"; it's not a "them" wronging us. HP is a corporation, a machine. Same with Fry's, now you know.

So don't trust these machines to care like people. Especially not for something hypey and largely unregulated like computer building. Trust real people. Buy locally. Support real people.

Old 01-29-07, 02:56 PM
unforturnately, paid cash...

Old 01-29-07, 02:58 PM
Well, now you have learned a valuable lesson. Never make a major purchase paying cash.

Old 02-02-07, 12:48 PM
Hi:
There are five computers, 4 PCs and one Laptop and all made by HP. There has been NO headache to think about, since starting to buy PCs and printers about twelve to fifteen years ago. One of very older HP computer is still in the attic and working OK, although this has '98, then we never use it again tho'.

It's very strange that you have such a rotten issue on HP product.

Aside from this, all printers are also made by HP and we, all are happy about. However, one of very economical printer, HP 1600 All-in-One priced $112 had an issue, then i promptly called the HP and they were gladly and promptly replaced it. Now, this printer is best among best printers in my household, because one of my family loves to copy everything, from scratch and big stuff.

In my suggestion, ... try to contact the HP by live-telephone which you could find by asking one of Computer stores. On printer stated above, I did this for quick solution. For me, the HP is best among best tech. companies in the US.

Old 02-03-07, 12:11 AM
Pine cone.. I did call HP.. several times, in fact a few dozen times.. always to get the same answer.. Let me go back, HP wanted me to disassemble the computer so they could make a dianosis over the phone... I told them "I preferred not to become a Laptop technician, and that is why they had a warranty, I would be glad to send it to them and let THEIR techs take it apart... They argued that I MUST do as they say in order to honor the warranty... I refused to take it apart, I'm not into taking apart laptops, tv's, kitchenaids, or anything else for that matter... I paid a hell of a lot of money for this thing, it quit, it supposedly had a warranty, their definition of warranty and my definition differ... I define it as "they take the computer and fix it or replace it"... they say, "you take the computer apart on your table, and we'll tell you what to do next"... At any rate, I did call them, got to talk to some dame that was the CEO's secretary, who gave me a bunch of crap and offered to replace the motherboard for $700... I declined.. why after paying $1300 would I put out an addional $700 for a part that should have been under a "replacement" warranty...? so here I am.. dead computer, bitter thoughts about HP... and. will never buy HP/compaq again! The whole scenario has been documented with paper since the beginning.. I took the computer back to Fry's for replacement or repair options exactly 2 weeks from the date that I bought it.. Of course, Frys said they don't warrant HP/Compaq, I'd have to go to the manufacturer.. and it begins.......

Old 02-03-07, 07:19 AM
Hi:
Sorry to read your whole experience on the HP who sounded like not concern about your 'serious' issue.

In my case, when the 1600 All-in-one got in a trouble, first, I got a live chat, second, called HP tech. dept. that HP live told me. In my recollection over the tele., .... he told me like, ... disconnect, wait, ... and connect. Also, connection might have gotten bad. Then, it took for about 10 - 15 minutes to dx a whole thing, although it was clearly in bad shape that anyone see. Afterwards, they acknowledged the 1600 was defective inside and replaced it with free of charge. Never asked me to disassemble and things like that. Just I wasted my time explaining the issue. That was all about.

Probably, the HP got defensive as reading your two posts. If I were in your place, .... I would call a tech. dept. telling a whole story again and asking whether the Laptop is under warranty. Because, in my knowledge, most of computers and printers have one-year factory warranty. Yes,... I do remember, ... one of older computers had a software problem after two-weeks' purchase and brought it back to the CompuUSA which replaced it right away without asking anything.

Also, it's partly tech.'s handling problem, because all techs. seem not well-trained enough to handle a tricky situation like yours.

Hopefully, some good solution on this would come soon.

Old 02-03-07, 03:24 PM
I thought about making one of those mpeg movies like you see go around in emails.. with me running over the laptop with my f-250 super duty diesel... that's plenty heavy to crush the living p*ss out of it.. then tossing it in the river... but.. I'd get in trouble with the "enviro tree huggers" for throwing hazardous WASTE in the fishy habitat...