Coverting .bin files to .jpg files

Old 02-03-07, 08:35 AM
Coverting .bin files to .jpg files

Hello,

I am running on Windows XP system. Does anyone know how to convert .bin files(Pictures) to .jpg?

Thanks,

Joey

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-07, 12:43 PM
Bin files are usually not picture files. Can you tell us where you got this file? You might be able to open it in WinZip or some other zip application, but I doubt it is an image.

Bin files are normally CD images (a copy of a cd saved to a file), that are burnt to a blank CD.

Old 02-03-07, 10:43 PM
I'm betting he's referring to bmp files. AFAIK, there are no pic files with the .bin extension. Bin files are usually interpreted as binary files, as kchinth noted.

Just do a google search for "convert bmp to jpg", and you will find many programs to convert pic files...some are free.

Old 02-04-07, 06:29 AM
Group Moderator
Assuming we are talking about a picture extension, any photo editing software should do it. I have a cheap program I bought nearly ten years ago that will convert back and forth between about ten different formats.

Old 02-04-07, 10:36 AM
Converting .bin picture to .jpg picture

Thanks everyone,

The .bin file in question was sent from my blackberry phone using the SMS send function. The SMS send function from my cell phone was the only way I could send it to my email server. When I attempted to open the file from my email server that's when I noticed it was in a .bin format?

Joey

Old 02-04-07, 12:24 PM
If the file was sent as a binary file from the blackberry, then there may be some program that goes with the phone to open these files. When I send pictures from my phone via e-mail, they arrive in a picture format in the e-mail.

Since all computer data is binary in nature, you would need to know the true format for a program to be able to read the data properly. Otherwise, you would have gibberish. I would check to see what comes with the blackberry phone.

Old 02-04-07, 03:24 PM
Converting BIN files

Thanks Chris,

I can see the files fine on my computer. However, when I attempt to send it to some folks they cannot open the file. I will search more on how to exactly convert BIN to JPEG.

Joey

Old 02-04-07, 11:25 PM
Just as a long shot, try changing the extension to a jpg and see what happens.