Microsoft MDI document

Old 02-06-07, 03:43 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Microsoft MDI document

I saved a document as an MS Word document.
When I attach it to an email, it is sent as and ".mdi" document.

I am doing this on my spouses new computer [I am a MAC user, and the recipient will only accept Word documents.]

Does any one know what is going on?

[I did a search on 'mdi' on this board, but couldn't find anything.]

This did not happen. The document was saved in different folders in different applications. This is why I deselect 'Hide Extensions' on any computer I work on regularly.

Last edited by jhomeowner; 02-06-07 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Solved problem.
Old 02-06-07, 04:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP062193601033.aspx

Microsoft Office Document Imaging uses Microsoft Document Imaging Format (MDI), a file format based on the Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) (Tagged Image File Format (TIFF): A high-resolution, tag-based graphics format. TIFF is used for the universal interchange of digital graphics.) that is designed to store images by page layout. In Office Document Imaging, you can open and save files in the MDI format as well as the Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) (Tagged Image File Format (TIFF): A high-resolution, tag-based graphics format. TIFF is used for the universal interchange of digital graphics.) format. Both formats are capable of storing text recognized by optical character recognition (OCR) (OCR: Translates images of text, such as scanned documents, into actual text characters. Also known as text recognition.) along with images.

I hate MS Word.. If you don't have it, you need WDVIEWER to read it.. Sometimes..

You could save it as a .txt file..

Old 02-06-07, 07:45 PM
Quoting jhomeowner:
"This did not happen. The document was saved in different folders in different applications. This is why I deselect 'Hide Extensions' on any computer I work on regularly."
-----------------

Huh?

So you are sure that the document is being saved with a .doc extension?

What are you using to send the email? Outlook, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.?

Old 02-06-07, 07:47 PM
Ok, so now I see that he edited his post and solved the problem.

In the future, post a new reply so we can read the original problem, and then read the solution.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: