Using a MAC Laptop on a PC network

Old 02-16-07, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Talking Using a MAC Laptop on a PC network

Hello All!

Yes I come running here every time I have a problem.... Heh heh heh ...

I'm down visiting my Mom to do some odd jobs... Painting, tiling repair, etc. I set her up with a Dell Desktop PC, Printer, etc. to help keep her connected to family. This was a little while back. My Niece was worried about her going up and down the stairs and talked her into buying a laptop.... A frikin' Mac! I have nothing against Macs, mind you, but I'm not keen on mixing them on a Microsoft network. So... <drumroll please> I need to know if there is a pro out there that can tell me if I can make this Mac laptop PRINT off of the PC's printer?

I have it set up now with a wireless router (proper encryption of course) so that Internet is available for family members with the correct WPA key.

I've set up hundreds of PC networks for work, friends, family, neighbors, etc... But I've never run into this mis-match type thing!

I need some guidence here. I've searched the web but only ended coming away more frustrated that before I started! (Common for me with PC related problems!)

I'd like to get this fixed tomorrow between tiling and painting! :>)

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-07, 06:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The PC will have to be turned on, which means Mom will be going upstairs to do that.. Tell the MAC that there is a new printer on the network, and have the MAC drivers ready to install..

Or, take the printer downstairs, and plug it into the MAC..

Old 02-17-07, 06:38 AM
With your background, this should give you sufficient insight. http://www.mac-connect.com/smb_print_mac.php

Hope this helps.