New Mobo odd error messages?

Old 02-19-07, 08:44 AM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mobo odd error messages?

Ok I'm baffled now. I was cleaning out my closet and I found a bunch of my old computer parts and it turns out that I have more than enough to build a basic PC. So I decided I would take these parts and make a pc for nephew to abuse when he comes over, rather than destroying one of my business PC's.

So I get it all assembled and I go to install windows XP, but I keep getting following errors

NTLDR is Missing

F: Driver "EXTCD001" Unit 0
Invalid Directory Specified
F:\Dosmenu.bat Missing

I have never seen anything like this before. I pre installed the drivers for the motherboard in the HD because I could not find the drivers disk. I also emailed Gigabyte, but they for some reason have no replied back as of yet.

Any idea?

Old 02-19-07, 09:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The boot sector of the hard drive wasn't written with the basic OS boot files..
Reinstall the OS..

Old 02-19-07, 10:04 AM
G
I cant install XP, because I cant get pasted the errors. I get a black screen that gives the error messages listed and only tells me to press CTRL + ALt+ Delete to restart.

I found a website that tells you how to make a bootdisk for NTLDR messages, but it seems to not to be working.

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I have the BIOS set to boot off of the CDRom, but I cant get it to install XP

Old 02-19-07, 10:40 AM
Are you sure the CD Drive is working? Do you have another CD or drive to try?

Are you sure the Windows XP CD is ok?

Are you sure the motherboard is set to boot the CD first?

Are you sure the IDE cable is firmly inserted into the CD drive and the motherboard?

Old 02-19-07, 10:45 AM
G
Originally Posted by kchinth View Post
Are you sure the CD Drive is working? Do you have another CD or drive to try?

Are you sure the Windows XP CD is ok?

Are you sure the motherboard is set to boot the CD first?
When I put the Boot Disc in I made it boots to it, but I cant read it because it is in Something other than English.

Windows Disk is brand new

I went into the Bios and changed the boot order and it goes a little something like this (bad pun )

Cd-Rom
IDE 0

I changed the IDE cable and still samething

Old 02-19-07, 12:37 PM
Something other than English? Where did you get the CD? Is it a copy, or something you DL'd from the I-net?

Make sure the hard disk is on the END of the IDE cable, with the CD drive second.. Also see that the HD is set to master w/slave and the CD to slave, or set them both to CS (cable select)..

Old 02-19-07, 07:12 PM
G
Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
Something other than English? Where did you get the CD? Is it a copy, or something you DL'd from the I-net?

Make sure the hard disk is on the END of the IDE cable, with the CD drive second.. Also see that the HD is set to master w/slave and the CD to slave, or set them both to CS (cable select)..
The XP disk I have is brand new, but I found a website that had directions on how to get passed the NTLDR error. It the directions it tells you to make a boot disk with a link to some files. The issue is the book disk is German I think.

Just to let everyone know I'm not a newbie at building PC's, everything is hooked up properly and all drives are set.

I can get into the Bios and boot menu and what not, but no matter what I do I can not install XP. When I put in the multi language boot disk I found online and click one of the 10 links I get a message stating that System32 could not be found and needs to be installed. So I know that the mobo and cd rom are working to together, but for the life of me I can not get the OS to load and I have no clue. I have to boot menu set to boot off of the CD Rom drive and I still get the same messages.

I'm about to put the HD into one of my working PC's install the OS that way and see if I can get it up and running that way. If I can get it up and running I will just run a windows repair afterwards to clean out all the useless drivers, btu I really dont know if that will work or not.

Old 02-19-07, 07:40 PM
Google "Hiren's" and grab ver 8.7 or newer of the boot CD image.. Use that to fix things.. You will probably have to write 0s to the drive, and start all over..

Old 02-20-07, 06:32 AM
G
Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
Google "Hiren's" and grab ver 8.7 or newer of the boot CD image.. Use that to fix things.. You will probably have to write 0s to the drive, and start all over..
What do you mean when you say write 0's to the drive?

Old 02-20-07, 07:03 AM
G
Ok I found Hirens 8.7 I burned the ISO image and put it into the Broken PC and set it to boot from the CD Rom.

It boots up to the Hiren CD and it gives me the following options

1. Boot From hard Disk
2. Boot from Cd

So I click on 2 to boot from the cd and I get about20 different options. The things is no matter which one I click on I get the same error or something similar

Extracting Files to R:
Problem With Drivers.cab

UPDATE: I decided to put the HD into a working PC and install XP that way. So I installed the OS and plugged it back into the PC I'm working on. I changed the boot order from CD-Rom to IDE 0, and I get the a blue screen with a long message and this is included

Page_Fault_IN_Nonpaged_Area

"If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer"

There is more on the screen but I could not write fast enough to write it down. So I'm making progress at least

Now I'm getting the following errors:

File NVraid.sys is corrupted

File\I386\halaccpi.dll could not be loaded
the error code is 7

0X00000050 (0xFB2FF7C0,0x00000000,0x804AB7CF,0X00000000)

Last edited by griffelkin2002; 02-20-07 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-21-07, 08:56 PM
tae
just start all over and fdisk/format the whole drive,no partitions.
the drivers that dont get installed can be added later.

Old 02-21-07, 10:38 PM
C
Go here: http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Follow the instructions to make a boot CD.

Boot from it and type "autonuke" at the prompt. Wait...wait a long time.

Your hard drive is being wiped. When its done, there will be nothing on the drive...no partitions...nothing (well, maybe a bunch of 0's or just random characters). Hope there wasn't any data you needed on it, 'cause it's gone!

Now boot from your XP CD.

I believe this is a similar approach to what AxlMyk wanted you to do with Hiren's. DBAN (Derek's Boot and Nuke) is just a drive wiping package...very simple to use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: