Which Video Editing Software

Old 02-26-07, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Which Video Editing Software

HELP! Which video editing software to you recomend to create cool home movies on DVD from camcorder. I am looking at Sony Vegas Movie Studio + DVD 7 Platinum Edition, Sony Vegas Movie Studio + DVD, and PowerDirector 5. I want to be able to create DVD's with music and all kinds of cool stuff. Thing is I am new at doing this and don't have much experience. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-07, 01:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 25 Posts
I've been using Nero for quite a while and like it. What I REALLY liked was DVD X Maker, but the company went bust. Think you can probably get trial copies of most good programs to try out.

Old 02-26-07, 01:30 PM
Smile

I have Nero that came with my DVD burner, but I don't know how to add music to the video. Can you tell me is that possible?

Old 02-26-07, 02:46 PM
ULEAD Video Studio

About a year ago, I started doing the same thing. I was mostly converting old home movies. Then I actually did the videography for a wedding for some friends. It has become a hobby. I started using Nero and found that it was great. It lets you add music, video overlay, and also lets you create cool menu's and text overlay titles. But, then I found ULEAD Video Studio. I'm telling you, I spent about 2 hours reading the user guide that comes with it and I was off and running. This is about the coolest program I've ever used. I used it for the wedding video I mentioned and the bride and groom told me it was better than anything a paid professional could have done. It didn't even take me long to make. There are wizards and transitions than make it look so cool. Without the manual, I'd have probably struggled a lot, but the manual is good and really takes you step by step through how to do it.

You can't go wrong with Nero, but ULEAD really blows your hair back. I'd say it is the best consumer video editing software out there.

Good luck.

Old 02-26-07, 03:46 PM
^^^^ true that

and if you go with the pro version you get even more features ... its actually really easy to use,,, just gotta play with it a little bit