document referrer

Old 03-31-07, 06:46 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
document referrer

Can anyone tell me why, when I search for things on the google website, and upon settling on the correct topic, lets say for instance, mopar parts, what shows up is a page with the title page document referrer?

This has only started to happen today, I have used google forever so it is very recently that this has started, do I have a virus or did download something stupid inadvertently, please help if you can, and Thanks as always.

Mowpar

ps. I have run adaware, spybot, spy sweeper to no avail.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-07, 11:12 AM
C
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the first thing to do is to clear your cache, you can do that in your ie->tools->options. Also, I know adaware and spybot are ok but I'm not sure about spy sweeper. I've found that some so-called anti spyware programs are spyware themselves. I would suggest uninstalling spy sweeper(unless you know it's legit) and install Microsoft Defender(it's free from Microsofts website). Also, make sure you don't have all them always running, that will slow down your machine. I would keep Defender running at all times and only run adaware and spybot manually.

Old 04-05-07, 01:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Or get Spyware Blaster.. You can find the link from the Spybot homepage.. They work hand-in-hand to do the best job..
I don't trust anything MS puts out..

Old 04-05-07, 04:47 PM
M
y

Also, make sure you don't have all them always running, that will slow down your machine.

I have downloaded spybot, windows defender and adaware, from respective sights, but do not know if they are all running at once, and do not know how to tell if they are. Can you tell me away to know if they are as you say running all at once? Thanks

Old 04-07-07, 10:53 AM
C
Just look in the settings of each program and make sure they are not set to always check your computer. I think spybot just has a scheduler and does not run automatically unless that is set.