Power Options Question

Old 04-05-07, 07:58 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Power Options Question

I have a Dell Laptop 1505 running XP (SP2). When the power cable is unplugged, the laptop switches to a power saving mode and the brightness of the screen dims significantly. I was wondering if there was a way to change this to leave the screen the same brightness. I am typically only unplugged for a few minutes at a time and I can hardly see the screen when dimmed as such. Thanks

Old 04-05-07, 09:20 AM
What laptop and OS do you have?

Old 04-05-07, 12:08 PM
C
function key

The first thing to try is just to turn up the brightness. While unplugged, hold down the fn key(it has light blue printing on dells) and press the button to raise the brightness. I think this is the up arrow but there should be a blue picture of a sun around it. If it's not the up arrow just look around for the blue pictures next to the keys, these are the functions that occur when the function key is pressed down.

Old 04-06-07, 07:39 AM
B
Thanks, that works. It seemed to 'remember' my setting too, the next time I unplugged, it stayed bright. Thanks!

Old 04-06-07, 09:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If that doesn't end up remembering the setting, go into BIOS at bootup (f2) and the settings are in there as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: