Color Problem with LCD Monitor

Old 04-27-07, 07:55 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Post Color Problem with LCD Monitor

Hi,

I was using my computer and suddenly my Acer 17" monitor color has turned a blueish tint. What's wrong?? This monitor is about 2 yrs. old. Anyone ever experience this??

Thanks,

sweetboy

Old 04-28-07, 05:59 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Does wiggling the cable at either end change anything? If so, you may have a broken wire in one of the connectors.

Also, try adjusting the Color in the OSD (On-Screen Display) menu. There should be presets for "Cool" (tints it blue), "Warm" (tints it red) and "User" (RGB adjustable).

Old 04-28-07, 01:23 PM
J
A sudden color change could be three things, a cable that has come partially loose, a failed green or red color gun, or somebodys been fiddling with the settings on the monitor or the computer. If its a slight blueish tinge it's probably a setting. If its really blue one of the color guns is probably dead.

I've been having a lot of problems recently with failing CRT monitors. They last about 2 or 3 years and die. This is sort of a good news / good news kind of a problem because we replace the CRTs with LCDs and the user gets more desk space, flicker free viewing, and uses less energy.

Old 04-29-07, 03:40 AM
R
Juan,
The title above sweetboy's post indicates that he does have an LCD.
-- RJ

Old 04-29-07, 04:17 AM
Cool blue monitor

I know my monitor has a deguass button...plus recall buttons and a color adjustment for blue.

Old 04-29-07, 09:19 AM
J
>Juan,
>The title above sweetboy's post indicates that he does have an LCD.
>-- RJ

OOPS! My bad It kind of like RTM (read the manual) RTP (read the post)<lol>

I'll try again, this time with an LCD in mind. ;-) A sudden blue color tint in an LCD is unlikely to come from a defective monitor. So look at the color temperature and color settings menu on the monitor. It's possible someone bent a pin in the monitor’s connector when plugging it in. Its pretty obvious if you look at the monitor connector all the pins should be standing straight and tall. If one of them is bent you can try to straighten it with some needle nose pliers.

<warning technical content>The way an LCD works is pretty simple. There is basically a white florescent light behind a panel of liquid crystals. (run your finger gently over the LCD screen and you'll see the liquid crystals react to the pressure.) The amount of light each color crystal, Red, Green, Blue transmits is varied to give you the colors you see on the screen. That's why when a color crystal gets stuck full on you have a little red, green, or blue dot that never changes.</techy stuff>

Old 04-30-07, 11:48 AM
S
Your right! One end of the cable came loose (Wasn't screwed in).

Thanks,

sweetboy

Old 08-10-12, 03:14 PM
K
Same issue.

I see this is an older post, but I have this exact same issue. I cannot find a solution. I would rather not spend the money on a new monitor, so I am wondering if there are other solutions I can try. I have checked the cable on a different monitor, along with the grapics card. When I plug my laptop into the defective monitor, the colors are still off. (Bluish/Green) I have changed my color settings on the monitor itself, but nothing looks natural. This all happened after I unplugged my VGA cable and plugged it back in. I'm sure it is not the cable, and I'm sure it is not the graphics card. When I shake the cable near the monitor, I get darker shades of green. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the female VGA piece on the monitor. I have inspected everything and it all looks okay. I know this is not much to go on, but are there any tests or solutions you can think of that I have not tried yet? (I also unistalled and reinstalled drivers.)

Old 08-10-12, 04:36 PM
S
My issue was resolved by reseating the cable a couple of times & tightening it to the monitor
by screwing it in. No problems since!

sweetboy

Old 08-11-12, 03:32 AM
R
Have you tried the monitor with a different cable on another computer? This will tell you if the monitor is the culprit.

There are three colors necessary (red, green, blue) to produce all of the other colors. Create a graphic in "Paint" or another app that has rectangles filled with each of those colors. If one of them (in your case probably red) shows up as black you aren't getting all three colors.

Old 08-11-12, 09:45 AM
K
Rick,

Yes I have tried the monitor on another computer. Still the same issue. It is not the cord either, I have tested the cord using another monitor. Maybe it is time to pony up some dough for a new one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: