Viewing computer on TV????

Old 05-04-07, 05:05 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Viewing computer on TV????

Is there an inexpensive way to view what is on the computer monitor on my television screen instead or also? I watch some episodes of shows on the computer and would like to be able to see them on the TV due to size. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-07, 06:45 PM
tae
you need a video out card.

Old 05-04-07, 07:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You can connect to the TV via S-video, composite, wireless, or a number of ways.. Many vid cards have TV out.. Check yours to find out if you have it..
The best, and easiest way is to use a vid card that has whatever TV signal you would like.. The TV is used as another monitor.. S-video gives the poorest picture..
You could also use a TV PCI card..

Old 05-04-07, 08:25 PM
R
Television pictures (the traditional non-high definition variety) require less resolution than computer images. Using a plain old television set will get you a poorer quality picture, and you may not like it or be able to read small text.

For viewing television shows this won't be an issue, but for other things on the computer, including some web sites and such it just might be.

This won't be an issue if you have an HDTV or an LCD TV.

Old 05-04-07, 09:22 PM
P
If you have TV/video/Svideo out on your video card, its a simple plug in. If all you have is the regular VGA out, then you will need a VGA to TV converter that will run from $60 on up. Some video cards support VGA-TV output, in which case you will need $20 adapter cable. It just depends on what hardware you have.

Old 05-05-07, 08:18 AM
K
I am at work all day today but when I get the first chance I will check and see exactly what kind of vid card that I have. It is an emachines computer running XP but as for the card I couldn't say w/o looking at it. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-05-07, 11:52 AM
C
Unless you added a video card, I highly doubt a budget computer such as an eMachine has a TV out.

You can buy lower end (in todays standards) graphics cards with TV out rather reasonable.