Mirc

Old 05-08-07, 01:02 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mirc

Please please tell me theres someone out there who can tell me exactly how to use mirc?? Mostly having problems knowing how to command it....

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-07, 02:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Have you tried their website, yet? I googled mirc and came up with a wealth of information. Try http://www.mirc.com/

Old 05-09-07, 06:33 AM
What are you trying to do with mirc?

What commands are you trying to figure out?

If you aren't more specific we can't help you. I could type for hours on how to use mirc. Or you could search for some help information, try it out, and then ask specific questions so we can help

Old 05-09-07, 06:53 AM
L
i'm trying to figure out how to get files.

Old 05-09-07, 08:16 AM
N
If you're trying to use mIRC to replace a program such as Napster or Bearshare, you're pretty much out of luck. mIRC is a chat cliet that allows users to share files, but it is not 'point and click' to download files. You will not find lists of files to download. Generally, you have to ask for another user to send you a file. The best answer that I can give is to go mirc.com and start reading the instructions and information on the program, as well as reading the FAQ's.

Old 05-09-07, 01:51 PM
L
share files is exactly what i'm trying to do but dont know the command to request it.....

Old 05-18-07, 08:15 PM
I assume you want to download LEGAL music or videos.

If you are trying to download mp3 files (legal ones of course)...
1. Connect to the server
2. Join a channel
3. To search, type "@find " followed by the search criteria. You will get new windows that open with the results. Simply highlight the line you want to download, starting with the "!" and ending with ".mp3". After you highlight the line, paste it in the main channel window. You will enter the queue for that user, and the download will begin when it reaches your turn.

There is also a command to get the user's whole list of files, but I can't seem to remember what it is right now. It will usually say "Type ... to get my whole list", or something like that. You just type that in the main channel window, and a txt file with all their files will download. You can then copy and paste those lines into the channel window to download, just like before.

If you are trying to download other files, such as videos (legal ones of course)...

1. You need to use a website to search and find a user that has that video (such as packetnews.com)
2. It will give you a packet number. Usually you can click on the packet number in the search results on the website. It will automatically copy the code needed to download the file. Mirc should automatically open and connect to that server/channel. Then you just paste the code into the channel.

Search google for more commands and options.