Pentium Dual Core or Centrino Dual Core

Old 05-21-07, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Pentium Dual Core or Centrino Dual Core

I am going to get a Notebook and want to know if there is that much difference between these 2 processors. The Pentium is the T2080 at 1.7mhz. & the Centrino is the Core Dou T2350 at 1.86mhz. Both have the Duo and I have never had a Laptop before & there is a $200 price difference in the 2 machines I am looking at. What do you think?

Fritoguy15

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-07, 09:47 AM
Centrino isn't a CPU, it is a "system" of the CPU, the chipset, and network adapter, and probably some other Intel based system features.

That said, between a plain Pentium IV and a Core2Duo, I'd go for the latter these days.

Old 05-22-07, 03:53 PM
Cool

The Pentium is actually also a duo. I will probably opt for the core 2 duo as you said. I build my own desktops at home and was also wondering if it is as easy to put memory in a laptop as it is a desktop. The reson I ask is that I have heard that Vista runs better on 2 gig than 1 gig which the system I am looking at only has 1 gig & comes with Vista Home Premium. What do you think?

Fritoguy 15 in the sunshine state

Old 05-23-07, 08:45 AM
It should't be too hard to add memory to a notebook. Usually you have a door on the bottom, or undo the keyboard and lift it out.