Cleaning computer LCD screen ?

Old 06-11-07, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cleaning computer LCD screen ?

This is the first time I have been to your site. I have watched you TV show and thought you may be able to help me.
I'm new to computers, I've lived 56 years without them just fine. However now I have one and need a little help.
I bought a new computer and have a "LG" brand 19" LCD screen monitor. I was recently informed that there is a special way to clean the screen surface without damageing it. I am a smoker, so I guess this thing needs cleaning just like my car windows do. You dont know they are dirty until they are really dirty.
I look forward to getting your e-mail, while I can still see thru the smoke.
Thanks,
Patrick O'Neil

Last edited by DIYaddict; 06-11-07 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Email address removed. This is not allowed and it will protect your email from being filled w/spam.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-07, 01:26 PM
Companies make anti-static, fast drying wipes for computer monitors, etc. I use alcohol and tissue paper on the glass, and a can of compressed air for the hard surfaces... works just as well in my opinion.

Old 06-11-07, 01:27 PM
Don't use Windex. I used windex to clean my monitor and now it has a big black hole in the center. Use microfiber clothes, those are what the professionals at Best Buy use. I seen one professional Geek Squad agent use canned air on a customer's computer because he didn't like that customer. You probably shouldn't use canned air on your monitor unless you dislike yourself. If you don't like yourself you'd probably need help outside the computer forums. Call me!

-Bart

Old 06-11-07, 03:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Plain water and a soft cloth works fine.. Just don't let any fluid leak down into the bottom edge..