miniDV not working

Old 06-13-07, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
miniDV not working

Hello, i have a Compaq Presario 6000 with Windows XP SP2. I recently bought a Canon Optura 30 MiniDv Camera to shoot a movie on. I bought and installed another drive externally and added a firewire card to the computer so i could edit footage on my computer. Everything is in working order, the computer recognizes the added driver and the firewire port (it installed itself automatically) . The trouble is when i connect the camcorder to the computer using the firewire cord, it does not recognize the camera. I installed all the software that came with the camera and the canon website does not provide any more. I have the same problem when i try to connect using a USB cord. Ive tried three different programs to capture video but none of them work. Ive also tried restoring the computer and using service pack 1 but this doesnt work either. I reinstalled the firewire port and put in a different slot, and it worked fine but it would still not recognize the camera. Any help or ideas would very helpful.

Thank you for your time,

Carl

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-07, 10:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Perhaps the interface in the camera is bad..

Old 06-13-07, 12:48 PM
Lightbulb

First thing I would do is try it on a friends computer. Since the camera has USB, any Windows computer should be able to at least see it, if not know what it is. If their computer picks it up, then we've figured out the problem is on your machine. If their computer doesn't pick it up, then it's likely a problem with the camera.