Downloading movies

Old 08-13-07, 10:00 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Downloading movies

How come when I download a little short sample 10 sec. movie, it downloads in in wmv? I want it to download in realplayer. I'm sure I need to go into control panel or internet options, connections or programs tab and click this or unclick maybe that. I have no idea what I need to check and uncheck. I'm running I. E. and I hate it. I've got Windows XP. Just last week, I got DSL and it is some better. Can you tell me exactly what I need to do to get rid of I. E. version and go to Mozilla Firefox. I had Mox. F F for two years and no crashes. Since I've gone to I. E. it crashes about 5 times a day!!!!!!! I want the 1.5 version of Moz. F. F. I know how to go into Add/Remove, etc. I just don't know what to check and uncheck and what order to do this. I got DSL the Lite version for only $10. p/mth. for 2 1/2 yrs. Will me changing to Moz. f f mess up my DSL? Also, at times I can here the computer doing something, so when I hit cont., alt., delete, it will have system idle like at 75%. I've got alot of "svchost.exe" Is that bad? Should I get a "computer book for dummies"? Are the answers in that book? I've got kids, so I tried this parental control and it kept locking up on me, and not responding and crashing, so I took it off. How can I keep my kids from getting on the computer when I'm not here at home????? I use to have dial up and I could just put in the password but now since I have dsl all the kids have to do is just move the mouse. Please help get me to Moz. F. F...
Thanks

Old 08-14-07, 04:17 AM
R
Please use paragraphs and punctuation. It makes it easier to read and makes you appear more intelligent.

If you want Firefox, download it and install it. Then use it instead of Internet Explorer.

Change your file preferences to have programs open with a different program. In a Windows Explorer window select Tools->Folder Options. Then select the File Type tab. Find the file type you wish to change, and change it.

Old 08-14-07, 06:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Racraft, at least there are a few periods in the question. What a mess that is to read kyle.. Maybe your kids can show you how to create paragraphs..

WMV and Realplayer are different file types.. Many sites have a choice between the 2, or you get whatever they send you..

Old 08-14-07, 08:33 AM
That was the most ridiculous post. Impossible to read. I will still try to help though, because I'm nice.

1. The movie downloads in whatever format the file is in. You can't change the format that it downloads in, unless the website offers it. You can change the program that opens for some file extensions, but not all. In a Windows Explorer window select Tools -> Folder Options. Then select the File Type tab. Find the .wmv extension, and change it to open with RealPlayer.

2. You can't uninstall IE. You can install Firefox by going to their website and downloading/installing it. When installing, it will ask if you want to make it default, click yes.

3. Your DSL will not be affected by switching to Firefox.

4. svchost.exe is not bad. It is a necessary process for Windows. I'm sure you have lots of other bad processes though. Use google to search for them, and see which ones are bad.

5. You can password protect your user account. Whenever you leave the computer, you can lock it. Goto Control Panel --> Users, and set a password for your account.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: