Strange beep and broke keyboard

Old 08-20-07, 02:43 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Strange beep and broke keyboard

I have an AMD Atholon with 768mb ram running windows xp. The other day I tried to install a Wingman Extreme that I have had for some time so that I could play “Starsiege”, an old mech game that I used to play. The joystick hooks up to a game port not usb. When I hooked it up, the computer made a series of rapid beeps and the keyboard didn’t work when I booted the computer. I unplugged the stick and rebooted. The first time it made a series of beeps when it was loading the HDs and the keyboard again didn’t load. I rebooted and this time everything worked fine, no beeps and keyboard works. The next day I went to use the computer, I had left in on all night to download some stuff and everything was working, but then the keyboard stopped working. I shut down the computer and again I got the series of beeps until it shut off. What is going on?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-07, 03:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
It may very well be the older games you are trying to install are freaking out XP. Have you confirmed they are compatible with the OS? It is obvious you have a conflict with the software you are trying to use, and it is affecting the keyboard.

Old 08-20-07, 04:00 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
according to the websites that are still left for the game, I need to use a different installer to install onto XP. I did so. When the keyboard stopped working I was messing around online and not in the game.