Annoying Google Problem

Old 08-28-07, 08:31 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Annoying Google Problem

A couple months ago, Google search pages began popping up in the middle of anything we were doing on the Internet. For the first five minutes of logging on and looking at ANY site, Google will barge in with a message that some indecipherable search (the last one was this: "Your search - http://view.atdmt.com/CHI/iview/yhxxxdev0400000119chi/direct;wi.300;hi.250/01/?time=1188309694464438 - did not match any documents.") has failed. We're constantly hitting the back key (refreshing does nothing).

We've swept and cleaned the computer several times (those are probably not the right terms - we've also defragmented, though I'm not sure that has anything to do with anything), and nothing has worked. We use Internet Explorer, which has a Google toolbar set into it. Our operating system is MS Office 2003 (again, if that matters at all - I'm a beginner here).

Has anybody seen this, heard of this, or know what to do about it? My husband swears it's not a virus, so what could it be?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-07, 09:07 AM
N
I think its a spyware problem. Search Google (or in this case your favorite search engine) for view.atdmt.com There is some reading there on how to remove this problem. I doubt Google plays any direct part in this.

networker

Old 10-26-07, 06:38 PM
K
Don't know if you'll get this after so long, but figured it's worth a try:
I once had the same or similar problem, google would do a open a search for the oddest things sometimes, and it took me a while before I figured it out. Turns out I had it set so a click of the mouse wheel would paste, and often hit it by mistake. When I had a browser open with the Google search box, it would be pasted in that and a search for the latest thing in my clipboard would open!