19" LCD backlight problems

Old 09-05-07, 12:28 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry 19" LCD backlight problems

"I just got a 19" LCD 1907FPc model from a friend who got a new 19" widescreen and sold it to me for cheap. I've got an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX [integrated card] and I'm currently using a 17" crt eView 17f3. I'm using Windows XP pro sp2, 1.5gigs of DDR2 RAM, AMD Athlon XP 3200+]

I hooked up the new monitor using a standard VGA cable and I installed the drivers. When I plugged in the new monitor it turns on, you can see everything beautifully and it looks great and I can access all the menus however about 2-3 seconds later the screen just turns off. The monitor still has power since the little LED power light it still on and green, however the screen goes blank and the fan stops blowing. If I turn the power off and turn it back on it works great again for the 2-3 seconds and it does the same thing over again.

I don't really know what the problem will be, all the cords are correct, I have the correct driver installed and my graphics card is only 3 years old and I don't see how it wouldn't support it. Any ideas?

PS: also the monitor is only about 9 or 10 months old."

This was one of my previous posts and I finally got around to getting a flashlight and taking out the monitor again, and the same problem persists [whether it's pluged into my PC or not] however after the screen goes blank I can put a flashlight to the screen and see a dark image of the test box bouncing about and my desktop's background whenever it's actually pluged in.

Any suggestions or online guides to fixing this? I just can't believe it's already borked and the manufactured date on it is August 2006. I can't believe a car ride could simply screw the backlights.

------
That's what I've posted on the Dell forums with no help at all from there. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-07, 02:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Press the menu button on the monitor and see if there is a setting that might be doing it..

Old 09-05-07, 02:29 PM
Sounds like it's losing signal from the PC. Double check the connections. I had this problem once and turned out my vid card was going out.

Old 09-05-07, 04:09 PM
R
Does the monitor work properly on another computer?

Does another monitor work properly on the computer in question?

Old 09-09-07, 02:37 PM
B
Doesn't work with any other computers. I can plug in the monitor without plugging the cable in or into the PC and the little White/Green/Red block comes up for the self test and still does it, but with a flashlight I can still see the dark image of the box floating back and forth.

Old 09-09-07, 03:22 PM
R
It sounds like it's failed. Time for a new monitor.

Old 09-10-07, 12:04 PM
B
I've read in a lot of other places that they fixed their backlight problem by replacing some bulb or something of that sort, I just can't find anything that tells you how.

I just can't see how it's already failed when the factory made date was in August, Dell can't be that bad can they?

Old 09-10-07, 12:37 PM
Did you ask your friend if it worked before you got it?
You're going to have to open the case on it, so you might as well start looking for the screws that hold it together..

Old 09-10-07, 12:42 PM
R
The monitor is a year old. Anything can happen in a year.

Dell does not make monitors. They brand them with their name, but they do not make them.

Old 09-12-07, 01:53 AM
B
Yes it worked before I moved it. he had it hooked up to his computer and it was working fine and great. I unhooked everything, put the monitor in a padded box, drove home, hooked it up, bam this problem exists and doesn't work on any PC or when it's simply just plugged in.