lost sound

Old 09-22-07, 07:58 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lost sound

I am experiencing a problem I have a P4 HP that I had to replace the hard drive on which was not problem once that was done and windows xp home was installed I lost sound. The computer takes has Realtech ac97 audio which is not supported by XP so when the updateas were done C-media was loaded according to windows this was successful but according to my computer there is no sound device now, removing c-media and loading the Realtech ac97 drivers does not change anything still no sound in fact the volume control has even disappeared from the computer. I have heard some people have had problems with c-media in the past but I can't find a resolution so I am asking here. HELP!

Old 09-23-07, 06:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
AC97 is in fact supported under XP.. I have it on 2 machines..
Make sure the drivers and Cmedia are loaded..

Old 09-23-07, 11:08 AM
G
The problem is when the drivers for the c-media load everything about the realtech dissappears when the Realtech drivers are loaded everything about c-media disappears. no matter which one is said to be in the computure I get the code 10 device will not start. There seems to be no way to get this resolved as nothing seems to point to this type of problem, if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: