Input plug type for computer speakers


Old 10-01-07, 12:29 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pleasantville, NY
Posts: 550
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Input plug type for computer speakers

I am in the process of finishing a basement and my walls are open. One of the rooms will be an office and I will have a computer in there.

I want to have wall mounted computer speakers for the room, and I want to run the wires in the walls and set up wall plates where I will mount the speakers later.

Do all computer speakers use 3.5 mm jacks, or are there some that use other jacks (analog RCA pairs, digital coax RCA, other)?

Also, do computer speakers generally get wired in series?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-07, 12:33 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,973
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The jack out of the computer is 3.5mm stereo. What you from there is your choice.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: