Clickable links won't work

Old 11-04-07, 12:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clickable links won't work

When I am in my account everything is as it should be, but when I switch users these exact same links do not work. Even when I create a new account they still will not work. All accounts have admin priviledges. Not all of them (clickable links) are effected by this bug. I have tried everything aside from reformatting and re-installing XP.

I am currently running XP SP2.

If anyone knows what is wrong, please help.

Thanx
Jim

Old 11-04-07, 12:34 AM
When you say "clickable links", what exactly are we talking about? Links on a web page? If so, what browser are you using? Does it work properly if you use another browser? What happens when you click the link... nothing at all? Does it happen to work if you _double_ click them?

.... many questions ....

Old 11-04-07, 05:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are you talking about installed programs on the computer?

Old 11-04-07, 05:54 AM
When I say clickable links I mean...

When my girlfriend goes to her yahoo mail account the page loads OK and most everything on that page works but, when she logs onto the computer using her username and clicks on, lets say, "mail" nothing happens. And she needs to access this WebCT or something for school and when she goes to the page by clicking on the icon on her desktop her username and password autocomplete just fine, but when she hits logon, the page changes to a blank page and it says "done" in the lower left corner. Just to clarify what I mean by clickable links...when you put your curser over a URL it changes and the addy shows up in the lower left corner, when you are in internet explorer.
Everything with my windows user account is OK but, she needs to log on as me in order to access her yahoo mail and other things as well.

I hope this is enough info.

And thanx for the speedy reply core.

BTW, I've tried double clicking and even copying and pasting the URL directly into the address bar up top.
NADA. Not when she logs on as herself.

Jim

Old 11-04-07, 02:17 PM
Sounds like it _could_ be adware/spyware to me. I have seen such symtoms in my own custom programs when I hook into IE and don't get it just right. The fact that it doesn't happen under your account isn't all that surprising.

I'd do a spyware scan first off. I do mine manually so I'm probably not the best person to give instructions, as far as that goes.

I'd bet that if you used the FireFox web brwoser to access the yahoo page as a test, it would work. Many spyware apps only molest IE because it gives them total control over the browser.

Old 11-04-07, 03:31 PM
R
I suspect that the security settings are different, and they are preventing certain items from working.

Old 11-04-07, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by racraft
I suspect that the security settings are different, and they are preventing certain items from working.
That's kind of what I thought, but I set everything to default on her acc. and even compared them to mine.

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: