CAT 5E Patch, Network Cables


Old 11-07-07, 01:57 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 38
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
CAT 5E Patch, Network Cables

I need to get a cable that will attach to my computer, in the back to a Ethernet connector, and then to the box that I got from the phone company. Its a Westell Model 6100. The service that I am using has this cable but I need another cable for another computer. I want to disconnect the one computer and connect the other using the same type of cable. I think the cable is called a CAT5E Patch cable. I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Last edited by phil2246; 11-07-07 at 01:59 AM. Reason: wrong word
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-07, 02:51 AM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,239
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
a.k.a. Ethernet cable. The connectors are called RJ45. Two types of cables are made: Straight-through and Crossover. You want a straight-through cable.
Old 11-07-07, 03:55 AM
AxlMyk's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 889
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised one didn't come with the equipment.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: