Sony Vaio PCG FX220 Laptop NO VIDEO!

Old 11-13-07, 08:07 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sony Vaio PCG FX220 Laptop NO VIDEO!

Hello guys hope you are well.. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Sony which all of a sudden has no picture on the screen. I tried connecting an external monitor and there is no video either. I can here the laptop booting up and the hard drive and fan spinning but no video.. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-07, 12:21 PM
BSB
I don't remember if you need to use the hot keys (function-f7(f5?)) or what ever it may be on that LT, if you will get video to an external monitor on boot up. You might try turning it on, letting the activity slow or stop and then use the hot keys to swap the video to external. If you do have external video could be the back light on the LCD. If you cannot get external video or see even the faintest image on the lcd (might try a flashlight?) your video card may be out. Hope for an intact warranty. Or check around for repairs.

Old 11-13-07, 01:04 PM
E
Sony Vaio PCG FX220 NO VIDEO!

Thanks for the help but i am not getting any video including an external monitor. It is possible that the video card is out but i dont think its replaceable. Thanks alot for the help