Network Adaptor None Found

Old 12-24-07, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Network Adaptor None Found

Hi:
For about one month or so, I left Internet disconnect by taking-off Network Adaptor. During that time, I purchased a brand new PC with Vista and hooked up Internet Connection by using Network Adaptor which was used by an old PC/XP.

With a brand Network Adaptor, when I tried to get Internet for the old PC/XP, 'warning box popping-up in the middle of the screen, .... 'Network Adaptor none Found.' I suspected 'Wireles Adaptor' in question, I installed 'Netgear PCI Network Interface Card' with CAT6.

Despite hour's effort, there is still 'warning' came, ... 'Network Adaptor none found,' ... thus No Internet Connection.

Is this because, a brand new PC with Vista took over Internet Connection from the old PC/XP when I put Network Adaptor which belongs to the PC/XP?

Is there any way to rescue Internet-connection for the Old/XP?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-07, 07:34 PM
You'll have to explain your setup better. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 12-24-07, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the response.

There is Router/Modem combo.that my ISP installed upon my subscription about three and a half years ago.

There are three PCs and one Laptop. Two PCs are wired-connected, and one PC/XP is 'wireless Adapter.'

Just recently, I purchased a brand new PC with Vista and installed a Network Adapter which belongs to old PC with XP. Thus, the brand new PC with Vista has Internet connection.

However, there is NO internet connection in the old PC with XP, although I installed Network Interface Card with CAT6.

How to get Internet Connection back to the old PC with XP?

Thanks,

Old 12-24-07, 09:19 PM
Azalea06,

It sounds like your old XP PC is still looking for the wireless adapter which is now in the Vista PC, even though you installed a new wired adapter.

If you right click your Network Connections icon and select properties, it should show the old as well as new network adapters; is the new one enabled and are the old ones disabled?

Old 12-25-07, 05:04 AM
If your old PC does not recognize the new network card then the card either is no good or is no compatible with the computer.

Old 12-25-07, 05:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why did you bother to take the card out of one machine, put it in another, then get a new one for the old machine?
Put the card back in the old computer and install the new one in the Vista computer.

Old 12-25-07, 05:38 AM
Have you tried restarting the network?

Old 12-25-07, 08:15 AM
Racraft is right - you most likely need the driver for the NIC card.

Get to Device Manager and look for something that has a question mark. You won't be able to fix it without the driver, but you can identify this is your problem.

If you cant physically identify the NIC card and search the Web for the correct one - go buy a new one.