Computer not see SD card

Old 12-26-07, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Computer not see SD card

i have an emachine Modle # W3609 with Vista Basic. There are slots for reading different card built into the front of the computer. The slot for my SD card worked for a couple of month after i got this computer. Now i can not get vista to see the card when i put the SD card in the slot. I've try to pull it up used the control panal with no luck. Someone said the driver has been deleted. There a green light the turn on when i put the SD card in the slot, so i know there power to it. Any ideas on how to get my card to read on this computer. Lot's of christmas pictures.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-07, 05:05 PM
Uninstall your card reader and reboot. Windows will reinstall it, and hopefully it will work.

Have you tried a different SD card to eliminate the possibility that the card is shot?

Old 12-28-07, 03:03 AM
I find that when elemental hardware problems occur running system file checker will eliminate shared library problems that can cause them.

Click Start, Run, enter cmd, press enter. When the terminal window opens, type sfc /scannow. A progress box will open. If a dialogue box opens requesting the installation CD for Windows, insert it in the optical drive and press the retry button. This should run for about 20 minutes. Then reboot and try your device again.

Hope this helps.