Compaq Presario 5170 problem

Old 12-27-07, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Compaq Presario 5170 problem

hope some one can help: I have this computer that even they at HP solutions can't help unless they charge me.
the above pc was working great until just recently and I had all the paperwork and even the old quick restore cd and decided to do that. now it wants me to register it again and wants the product key off of the authenticity certificate which I have, and did but will not accept it. what do I do?
any one that has help please, this computer already promised to my granddaughter (9 years old)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-07, 03:09 AM
When you enter the product key, what error message or other dialogue is presented?

Old 12-28-07, 11:15 AM
compaq presario 5170

chris,
thanks for your prompt reply, my bad my paperwork included 2 certificates of authenticity I was dumb and didnt notice. So when I entered the other product key instead of the product ID, everything worked great but 3 days on this problem and I am ready to get it to my granddaughter.

Right now I have another problem, my dad got a stereo system that allows for cassete and old vinyl music to be played on the computer and my computer allows recording this music. Now I want to give him some good cd's from this music and cannot find out how to make like mixes from some of the old songs where I can put in clips, like dj remixes

can you help me with this one as I have so many projects going on at the same time including downloading songs for my nieces (3) mp3 players, gotta make sure that they are listening to good music some of the stuff out there is not healthy, that is another project.

computer literate doesn't make me a know it all

evelinda

Old 12-28-07, 12:07 PM
I wish that I could help. My experience is with equipment and networks, not with programs.

Someone else will be along to help in time.

It may have been better to post the second question as a new topic to attract attention to its nature.

Good luck.