How to Rescue/Recover Corrupted an older Word Program?

Old 01-02-08, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to Rescue/Recover Corrupted an older Word Program?

Hi:
I've been using Word 2000 with Vista.
Yesterday, when I tried to use Word 2000, a Logo of Word 2000 popping-up right away, however at the very top of Word, ... "Warning", ... 'Not Responding,' then I was NOT able to access Word 2000.

Prior to this happened, I downloaded a program, but I can not recall a name for it, ... along with some 'MS Optional Update' for wireless adaptor.

I used 'System Restore' in my desperate attempt to restore Word 2000, but it failed. Now, I'm thinking of using 'RegiRestore' found in the Internet, ... not Free, ... but again I have NO choice but need one.

Also, I accessed System 32, but it made me quite confused which or what I should be done, as knowing that a mistake could cost 'crash,' or never run Vista properly.

Any suggestions and clues on this would be truly appreciated.

Last edited by PineCone; 01-02-08 at 09:54 AM. Reason: misspelled
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-08, 09:51 AM
Re-install the program.

Old 01-02-08, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the response.

After having found a Crash of Word 2000, I did 'un-install' and 're-install' several times, but it didn't help at all. Still, it's the same, ... 'Not Responding' at the very top of Word 2000.

In my guess, ... when I downloaded a weird program found in the Internet and deleted it afterwards, this action/un-install, deletion took away a functionability of Word 2000. Also, I downloaded about 4 - 5 Optional MS Updates, one of which was 'Linsky Adaptor,' but I un-installed/deleted after having found it didn't help the Adaptor at all.

Certainly, downloads and deletions crashed Word 2000, as knowing that other IDs in the same PC can open Word 2000. Only, my ID has an issue of opening Word 2000. All other programs, including Roxio, Word Pad and the like has NO problem of opening. Only Word 2000 can NOT be opened.

Thanks,

Old 01-02-08, 06:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by PineCone View Post
In my guess, ... when I downloaded a weird program found in the Internet and deleted it afterwards,
Why would you download and install a "weird program"?
You're asking for trouble doing that. You had better find out what program it was and use a registry cleaner to TRY to fix the problems you generated. Try www.ccleaner.com