Sending pictures with message in Outlook Express

Old 01-18-08, 06:08 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sending pictures with message in Outlook Express

When forwarding an e-mail with pictures in Outlook Express, using Windows XP, you must click FORMAT....SEND PICTURES WITH MESSAGE. Is there any way of making this a default? It is the default in Vista. Thanks................

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-08, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
I have to ask what version of Outlook Express you're using. I have version 6, and don't even have that FORMAT option. If you have an older version, go to Microsoft's website and download Outlook 6.

Old 01-18-08, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Assuming you've already used the paper clip to "Attach" a picture or file ...

From the main Outlook Express window, click the Tools menu. Click Options. Click the Send tab.

Under Mail Sending Format click HTML Settings. Make sure that Send pictures with messages is selected.

Old 01-18-08, 04:59 PM
To Shadeladie: You will only see FORMAT when forwarding an e-mail.

To Rick Johnston: That's exactly what I'm doing. The problem is that you must do that each time you forward a e-mail with pictures. I want to know if there is anyway of setting that as the default.

Old 01-18-08, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
OK, I see now. So I just went thru the motions and under the Format tab, I also have "Rich Text (HTML)" checked. Is this checked on yours?

Old 01-18-08, 08:14 PM
Yes it is but you must also check Send Pictures With Message and that's what I would like to set as the default.

Old 01-19-08, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
I only mentioned it because I thought maybe it wasn't checked. I don't see any place to set it as a default because I think checking it makes it the default, so I think if it isn't staying checked, then something else is going on with your computer. If it were me, I would reinstall Outlook Express and see if that helps. Whenever things don't stay the way I put them, I've always found reinstalling makes it right again.

Old 01-19-08, 09:38 AM
If t were me I would junk Outlook Express and install software that is better written. Outlook Express is an abomination, and nobody should use it.

Old 01-19-08, 01:34 PM
Go to tools, options, send tab. In the middle bottom of that page there should be a button that says "html settings" (also make sure the html radio button is selected instead of plain text). In that dialogue box make sure "send pictures with messages" is checked.

Old 01-20-08, 06:53 AM
Toofer,
Scroll up about 7 posts.

Johnam, are you doing this from the main Outlook window or in each individual e-mail? The main Outlook window should set that preference as the default. If not, something else is changing it. Are there multiple users on that machine?

Old 01-20-08, 09:03 AM
Rick.................You did it!!! You solved the problem I've been living with for 4 years. What I missed in your first post was "main window" Thank you, thank you!!!

Old 01-20-08, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Rick Johnston View Post
Toofer,
Scroll up about 7 posts.

Johnam, are you doing this from the main Outlook window or in each individual e-mail? The main Outlook window should set that preference as the default. If not, something else is changing it. Are there multiple users on that machine?
Heh, I totally didn't even catch that......sorry.