USB 2, 2-port PCI Host Adapter

Old 01-26-08, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
USB 2, 2-port PCI Host Adapter

Greetings, I wanted to increase the speed on my Windows 2000 computer's USB 1 port so I bought this DYNEX card. I installed the card in the computer then turn it on, then I inserted the DX-2P2C CD into the DVD drive. The Driver screen display suppose to open the Setup program. But nothing happens. I don't know what else to do, I'm still learning. Appriciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-08, 03:32 PM
You could try opening Control Panel/Add Hardware. I believe there are options something like 'search for new hardware' ... 'already installed'. Once the new card is found, you will be asked for the location of install information / drivers ... select your DVD drive letter here. This should launch either the setup routine or find the drivers automatically.

If that doesn't work, try opening the DVD in Windows Explorer and double-click 'Setup.exe'.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-27-08, 09:29 AM
I will add that some perpherals require that you install the CD *before* physically putting the card into the slot. Not sure if that's the case with your USB card. But if you've installed the CD already, a reboot might be necessary and then it should find the drivers.

Sometimes, the software is already on the machine (though not as often in Win 2000), and it installs quietly in the background, and you won't notice anything until you put the first device in one of the USB slots.
--Jim