need advice

Old 01-31-08, 08:43 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need advice

I bought a nintendo wii for my kids and I want to connect it to the internet, the internet provider that I'm using is cable, I have the wired modem, I think tha's how is called; but I need to have a wireless router in order to connect the nintendo wii and my wife has an itouch, and I need something to connect both, the nintendo wii and the itouch.
Any recomendations what to buy, I don't want to spend a lot of money in it.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-08, 05:01 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Have you called the cable company to find out the cost of upgrading to a modem with wireless capabilities?

Old 02-01-08, 05:58 AM
O
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Go to a big box store and buy a router with wireless capabilities. Connect it to the modem, and away you go.

Old 02-01-08, 08:56 AM
G
www.nintendo.com -> forums -> wii wireless Internet

There are several good wireless routers but there are several listed on the nintendo - wii website that are incompatible or have problems connecting the wii to the Internet.

I'm in similar situation and opted for the LinkSys WRT54G wi-fi router, about $50 at WalMart. Seems to work good but you do have have some configuration/management tasks that you have to do on both the wii & the wireless router. The wii's configuration is pretty straightforward but you have to - http://192.168.1.1 to get to the WRT54G on-board configuration setup options menu.

Your DSL Modem to Router connection will be the most critical. Like Rick said, if you have an older DSL Modem you may spend more time fighting the modem than what it takes to get the router/wii setup.

But get over to the Nintendo wii wireless forum -- they have most all the information you'll need plus some good folks contributing to help.
greynold99