Playlist maker

Old 02-27-08, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Playlist maker

Is there a PC program that will automatically create playlists based on the album artist and album (or even just via the folder the files are in). I have over 500 albums so doing each one individually would take a long time. All of my albums are stored as Artist/Album/tracks.

The reason for this is because I store all my music on one PC, but I can play mp3s streamed over the wi-fi on my laptop. Just browsing to the appropriate folder takes ages and I have to wait at each folder level, so if I can just double click on a shortcut to the playlist I can do other stuff while the player (usually Winamp2) does all the waiting and queues it up.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-08, 01:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Google playlist creator or playlist maker and see what ya get.
Google is your friend.

Old 02-27-08, 03:12 PM
Tried it, comes up with a load of rubbish mostly. There are some progs that come up that almost do it but they are just as slow as doing it all manually without the program,

Old 02-27-08, 04:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Well, good luck.

Old 03-03-08, 03:22 PM
No luck in my search, or at least there was one potential but it was no longer available. I found a make-do solution by adding the networked music folder to the library in Windows Media Player. It took a few hours and needed a few minutes of fudging with the end result but the majority was automatic. Now I have a full list of the music files sorted by album and artist, although I have to use WMP to play them. Not my preferred solution but it will do for now.

Thanks anyway.