Is it Power Opt, or ???

Old 03-16-08, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it Power Opt, or ???

Good afternoon. I have an issue that has just begun, I am not sure if it is a power option or what and I really don' know where to

look I am refering to another persons machine which is long distance and I am trying via phone. trying to compare and help with

settings that are similar to mine beings our computers are very similar. His issue is, from a cold boot, the machine boots fine

but, when the monitor turns on, it states "power saving mode" and is in a countdown. when it gets to o, the monitor turns off. I

have gone to power options and under Energy Star Power Scheme, turn off monitor says never, and turn off hard disks say never.

There are no "System standby", nor "System hibernates" prompts which I have, and he does not which I think a bit unusual. I

don't know where else to look, so any help will be appreciated. As always, Thank You in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-08, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
...but, when the monitor turns on, it states "power saving mode" and is in a countdown. when it gets to o, the monitor turns off. I ...
The monitor may have a menu system for set-up that is indepedant from the computor.

Old 03-17-08, 05:19 AM
The monitor may not be receiving a signal. Has your friend checked the cable from the CPU to the monitor?

Old 03-19-08, 03:43 AM
Hello, I gave your suggestion to my friend. I have yet to hear back. He must have went on a business trip. Thank You, I'll keep you posted